INFRARED ROTARY KILN SCANNER
Kiln Shell Thermal Monitoring
Kilnscan is a high performance thermal kiln scanner dedicated to the real-time, 24/7 temperature monitoring of the kiln shell. It displays the full temperature profile of the kiln and gives early warning of hot spots indicative of refractory failure.
With the highest scan angle of the industry of up to 140°, Kilnscan adapts to any kiln configuration. Therefore, long-shell kilns with limited free space around, kilns with multiple shadows generated by posts, and other variations can be accommodated.
Thanks to advanced features such as the unique thermal warp calculation and historical data management, Kilnscan provides the operator with the full picture of the rotary kiln to secure a predictive maintenance program.
Kilnscan infrared scanner contributes to optimizing kiln efficiency and availability, increasing production rate, reducing operating costs, improving the burning process and saving energy.
3 Key Points
Shell scanner with the highest spatial resolution, smaller than the average refractory brick size
Unique Thermal Warp calculation and historical data management
Unique scan angle from 90° up to 140°
High performance diagnosis system for continuous temperature monitoring of kiln shell
With the best spatial and thermal resolution, Kilnscan monitors each individual refractory brick over the whole length of the kiln. It tracks hot spots, tyre slip, rings formation, brick failures, thermal warp and more, to prevent short- and long-term damages. Kilnscan is a rugged system designed for demanding environments. With more than 1,300 units operating around the world, HGH thermal scanners are used in plants to warn of potential failures and trigger preventive actions.
- High spatial resolution to detect single brick fall
- High thermal sensitivity to warn of any suspect temperature change
- Automatic calibration with internal blackbody: no drift over time
- Unique scan angle, up to 140°, to scan long shell
- Unique external reference blackbody for unsurpassed accuracy in adverse weather conditions
- Fibre optic link to the control room to avoid electromagnetic interferences
- Rugged system designed for demanding environments
- Continuous full temperature map, with a true one-brick resolution
- Hot spots early warning before damage
- Monitoring and extension of refractory lifetime
- Reliable preventive maintenance scheduling
- Solution adapted to any requirement (multiple shadows – long kiln – free space limited)
- Scanner data directly linked to Plant Control System